The Montana Flat
Burning Horse 2020
Burning Horse is stoked to be back in 2020!
Join us in February for an epic fun, transformational, multidisciplinary music and arts festival. Held on a family run sheep farm “The Montana Flat” you’ll have a fine opportunity to connect with nature and soak in the scenes of Southland rural landscape. You’ll find a diverse range of artists, electronic and acoustic, throwing down some bangin’ eclectic tunes over two feature stages. Live spray-painting, light shows, screen-printing and fire-spinning will add to the artistic experience. Farm to plate grazing, backyard games, circus arts, a giant river float party, a disc golf tournament. In 2020 we're planning an area to take a step back from the madness, and to be fair, explore a different kind of madness! We’ll be rocking yoga, breath work, dance and creative movement classes throughout the weekend. As well as sweat lodge ceremonies, and a full on, full power, tribal zone. You’re gonna find something you’re looking for here (or even better - something you had no idea you were looking for)! Check out burninghorse.co.nz for more info on what Burning Horse is all about. We can’t wait to see you here at The Montana Flat. ROAR Express yourself!
- Gates will open at 3pm on Friday.
- Gates will be closed 2am - 8am Saturday and 11pm Saturday - 6am Sunday, and there will be no entry/exit during these times.
- The address is 11 O’Shea Road, Waimea. After turning off of Ardlussa Road you will stay straight on O’Shea Road until you reach the festival entry gate. Please do not stray from O’Shea Rd onto private property at any point.
- This is a licensed event with a full bar. No BYO.
- Food options will be available, but feel free to bring your own!
- Free camping on site - get involved!
- Children are welcome under adult supervision.
What to Bring
- Solid footwear - this is a party on a farm people!
- Torches and headlamps
- Reusable cups (or you can buy a Burning Horse mug on site)
- Warm layers - gets chilly down here in Southland!
- Your mates
- Camping necessities and luxuries (best campsite wins a free pass to BH2021)
- A floaty (best floaty wins a free pass to BH2021)
- Your party shirts (best dressed wins a free pass to BH 2021)
- A good attitude
We'll see you there!
Before obtaining your ticket please read our Terms & Conditions.