The River Dog Crew & Queen Taniwha
the Taniwhas Den 2024 & the After Party
Three Days & Two Nights, two Stages, 48 hrs of dancing under the trees & stars
Illuminated & Projected art, a fantastic lineup of DJs & live performance
As with all epic After Parties, we keep going until you drop or stop sometime Monday.
BYO food, & Den camping goodies, Gas Barbecues are okay. Ticket numbers are limited.
The Taniwha is ready to welcome you back in 2024. Cyclone Gabrielle made some interesting changes to the Whenua & Awa. This caused us here at crew headquarters to rethink how we do things, listening to the environment and placing it first in our project planning. We also listened to you and your desire for a den with fewer numbers, and a more relaxed experience.
So what's new for 2024
- Two nights and two stages (not3). Gabrielle made a couple of changes and the Cliff-face is now part of an extended Den Zone.
- We will be running on rechargeable batteries in 2024. No diesel generators. We were burning a large amount of fossil fuel and needed to look for alternatives or stop running the festival. This is a big step away from business as usual. But with some new technology mixed with Taniwha magic, there is a future.
- The Zen Stage was swept away by Gabrielle. The new Zen/Funk Stage now overlooks the camping area from higher ground 400 meters from the main entrance.
- BYO food, chilly bins, and gas barbies. There will be 2 new food vendors, great coffee and smoothies from Juice on the Loose as well as Soul Sisters Kombucha cocktails.
- Ticket numbers have been reduced so that you will have more space to camp and we will not have to squeeze anyone in.
- Camping will be extended to the riverside we want you to spread out and experience the hospitality of the Whenua.
- Gates open at 8 am Saturday the 3rd Feb, and both stages open at 1 pm Saturday until 1 pm Sunday the 4th. Then the after-party begins at 4 pm Sunday on the Den stage, with a complikation of DJs (DJ Olympics) until 7 pm then our after-party DJs will play until we close when you drop or stop sometime on Monday
- The usual No Dogs, NO Glass, Respect each other and a No means No. Respecting a person's consent respects that person and the Aroha of the Taniwha.
- There is no EFTPOS or cell phone coverage, bring cash, bug spray, warm clothing for the cold nights, and sun protection for the hot days. There will be Hot showers on site and plenty of free drinking water.